My best 11 for today’s match
1) I picked the above 11 because, Tiwary should play his natural game reducing the burden on Gayle. Gayle will score 2, 3 runs in first 10 balls. In remaining 40 balls, he would have scored 70-80 runs.
2) Henri did not bowl well & got tensed during his bowling, but he is the best all rounder we have. Barnwell can be tried but Henri is better & is in rhythm. He just needs to take up more responsibility during his bowling & batting.
3) Mithun is the surprise element in the team which will keep the opposition on the toes. But Mithun has been expensive & average has been poor. Hope he does justice to his selection.
4) Vettori is must. He can open bowling, he can contain, he can pick wickets, he can get few runs down the order. He can bowl overs between 15-20 & won’t give more than 8 runs per over. He is proven talent.
5) Get Jaidev & Murali to open the bowling for 2 overs. Followed by Vinay & Henri. Opening the bowling with spin is something many successful teams have done & have seen success. Murali has done this earlier.
Last but not the least.. Fielding should improve vastly. Bad fielding is equally or more dangerous than bad bowling. Any chances of catch & run-outs should not be missed. Captain to lead from the front here. Field placements is important & should be different for every opposition batsmen. Some batsmen are strong on the pads. Have fielders in short leg & deep fine leg for them. Similarly plan for each of the best batsmen in the opposition.
ALL THE BEST RCB.. BRING HOME THE CUP..