ABD
Moises
Tiwary
Zol
Vinay Kumar
M Karthik
Ravi Rampaul
Unadkat

here we go guys, thanks to pollard, we are still alive. The weather report says only 10% chance of rain. all things looking good now. Its also our Go Green game. we usually win our go green game every year. I know experimenting at this stage is not a good thing. but i firmly believe neither Tiwary nor Pujara should open for this game. They are both too slow. and even if they make 50, its from 48 odd balls. So its better to have a hit or miss player like Sohal at the top who will either score a quick fire 40 off 20 or get out within the first 6. Either way its a win-win cause this team bats deep.

Tiwary, just leave him in the team cause we have no better option, at least he has the capability to hit a 6, like that gane last year when he hit a 6 off the last ball to win us the game.

Play Zol or Karthik as keeper. ABD should be out in the field makes a big difference, also he will be less tired when fielding rather than keeping so he can be more effective.

DO NOT play a 5th wheel crappy bowler like RP, Mithun, Syed, Pankaj, aall are useless and other teams know they are useless and will poruposefully attack them. Just bowl Moises and Gayle 2 overs each between the 6th and 14th over. simple s that. the batsman are not going to try and whack them for 15 runs an over at that stage as most will be trying to build a platform.

again, thanks to pollard we have a chance still. lets do this.  this game is key!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
RamLakhan
Total Posts:  44
Joined  17/04/2013
BangaBanga - 14 May 2013 06:22 AM

Gayle

DO NOT play a 5th wheel crappy bowler like RP, Mithun, Syed, Pankaj, aall are useless and other teams know they are useless and will poruposefully attack them. Just bowl Moises and Gayle 2 overs each between the 6th and 14th over. simple s that. the batsman are not going to try and whack them for 15 runs an over at that stage as most will be trying to build a platform.

This is what I am stressing. This is where both Captaincy and Coaching is lacking. We should know our strength. Though the bowling is weak, we can still try to utilize whatever we have. Vinay and Rampaul are quite good with the new ball (and so in Unadkat). They have the ability to hit the pitch, get some seam movement and can also generate some pace (Vinay sometimes gets good pace - he needs new ball & some encouragement from the Captain) These three bowlers should bowl their heart out in the first 6 to 10 overs (assisted by a spinner like Karthik). Then it will be easier for RCB to work with the 5th bowler like Henriques & Gayle. Gayle really should be used as a proper shared 5th bowler instead of bringing him in the death for celebration or for some hope. He has the ability to tie down the batsmen in the middle overs and hence pick some wickets. I think Kohli has been pretty average as a captain and the coaches are not helping him out anyway.

If the captaincy improves (set-right the batting order, fielding positions, bowling changes), then definitely RCB has an outside chance of winning the cup (If you see the other top teams have just got 2 more wins than us, that’s it and we are not that bad in NRR either. So we should keep our hopes and concentrate properly on our strengths).

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
BangaBanga
Total Posts:  117
Joined  17/04/2011

agree completely, playing a 5th wheel bowler is a BIG liability cause then kohli feels as if since they are a full time bowler, its better to utilize them. i realize gayle isnt bowling perfecly and moises isnt the best bowler as if. but both are internatioanl and the important thing is both can handle the MENTAL pressure better than the 5th wheel bowler. that is key.

and as i said if they bowl between 6 - 14, they should not go for much runs.

e.g. i would say bowl like so:

1- Rampaul
2 - Vinay
3 - Rampaul
4. Unadkat
5. Vinay
6. Unadkat
7. Moises
8. Kathik
9. Gayle.
10. Karthik
11. Moises
12. Karthik.
13. Gayle
14. Karthik.
15. UnadKat
16. Vinay
17. Rampaul
18. Unadkat
19. Vinay
20. Rampaul

Look at it, looks so much better than mithun, Pankaj, apanna, syed, or whoever else having 4 overs in there, cause those 4 overs will most likely go for 15-20 an over. Obviously you have to be smart and shuffle on the day. but with the combo above, the bowling is mixed up well, lots of rotations etc and should keep the batsman guessing with pressure always on.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
psbb
Total Posts:  115
Joined  30/01/2011
BangaBanga - 14 May 2013 10:24 AM

agree completely, playing a 5th wheel bowler is a BIG liability cause then kohli feels as if since they are a full time bowler, its better to utilize them. i realize gayle isnt bowling perfecly and moises isnt the best bowler as if. but both are internatioanl and the important thing is both can handle the MENTAL pressure better than the 5th wheel bowler. that is key.

and as i said if they bowl between 6 - 14, they should not go for much runs.

e.g. i would say bowl like so:

1- Rampaul
2 - Vinay
3 - Rampaul
4. Unadkat
5. Vinay
6. Unadkat
7. Moises
8. Kathik
9. Gayle.
10. Karthik
11. Moises
12. Karthik.
13. Gayle
14. Karthik.
15. UnadKat
16. Vinay
17. Rampaul
18. Unadkat
19. Vinay
20. Rampaul

Look at it, looks so much better than mithun, Pankaj, apanna, syed, or whoever else having 4 overs in there, cause those 4 overs will most likely go for 15-20 an over. Obviously you have to be smart and shuffle on the day. but with the combo above, the bowling is mixed up well, lots of rotations etc and should keep the batsman guessing with pressure always on.

I agree with your points, no point taking Gayle, Moises as pure batsmen.  Why do you taken MOises as a batsman?  He is a genuine allrounder, better bowler than Mithun.  He bowls regularly in test matches too(last australia test series against india).  Why are we using Chris gayle like a filling bowler, only bowl him when we are sure of winning (eg required rate is 30 runs per over).  Virat needs to learn lot of things in captaincy,  IPL is an eye opener that he is not up to the mark… very predictable both in selecting bowlers and also batting order.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
BangaBanga
Joined  17/04/2011

absolutley right, if we bowl gayle agaisnt KKR we would have probably won. gayle is perfect to bowl on those low slow pitches, like he did in pune.

anyway key is rotation, shuffle it up, dont let the batsman know our exact bowling schedule. look at how gambhir used his bowlers, every over was someone else. i think the rotation above is good. obviously if moises / gayle or both do really well on the day, then use them for 4 overs. dont BOWL some useless bowler like mithun just because he is classified a “full time bowler”

totally agree with ur point, why play an all rounder if u dont use them as one? waste.  this way we can play an extra batsman too.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
meetali
Total Posts:  32
Joined  21/11/2012

i think we should forget wat happened against kkr n come back strong against KXIP!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
RCBPlay11Selector
Total Posts:  21
Joined  29/04/2013

1. Gayle
2. M.Agarwal / Pujara
3. Kohli (C)
4. AB ( WK )
5. Vijay Zol ( Kholi may be scared of popularity smile )
6. D.Christian / Moises Henriques / Christopher Barnwell
7. K P Appanna ( Kholi have you seen him anytime playing ? :( )
8. V.Kumar
9. R P Sing ( lucky fellow - injured Zaheer )
10. R.Rampaul
11. J.Unadkat

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
BangaBanga
Joined  17/04/2011
RCBPlay11Selector - 14 May 2013 01:35 PM

1. Gayle
2. M.Agarwal / Pujara
3. Kohli (C)
4. AB ( WK )
5. Vijay Zol ( Kholi may be scared of popularity smile )
8. V.Kumar
10. R.Rampaul
11. J.Unadkat

Mayank is injured. dont think apannna can bowl well on RCB pitch, only great spinners survive there. Murali Karthik ANY DAY over him.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

We lost :(

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 May 2013 02:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
SuhasMS
Total Posts:  130
Joined  10/01/2012

this green day made us all unhappy… :( for the first time…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 May 2013 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Total Posts:  347
Joined  21/03/2010
RCBPlay11Selector - 14 May 2013 01:35 PM

1. Gayle
2. M.Agarwal / Pujara
3. Kohli (C)
4. AB ( WK )
5. Vijay Zol ( Kholi may be scared of popularity :) )
8. V.Kumar
10. R.Rampaul
11. J.Unadkat

team selection is not entirely kohli’s decision.. then why do you think there is a coach?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 May 2013 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Ferdelance
Total Posts:  347
Joined  21/03/2010

zaheer came back and bowled marsh with the best bowl possible great delivery showing his class

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 July 2013 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
Joined  18/08/2011

why u guys are thanking Pollard ??

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 July 2013 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
Joined  18/08/2011

RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team RCB is my best team

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply