Apycom jQuery Menus
-

The first 6 overs…, CRITICAL CRUCIAL !
Posted: 14 May 2013 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
ekam
Total Posts:  31
Joined  22/02/2013

I was shocked at how they played the first 6 overs, RCB need to learn that the first 6 overs are crucial and we need players like Mayank Agarwal who took to the risk and hits over the inner field, every innings he played had aggression, every other opener we have had since has played ground shots. Theres a reason why they’re in the circle…

I wanted to see Henriques open with Gayle as he has shown he can open in the Big Bash League for the Sydney Sixers…

Sad really seeing them struggle near the end of every innings on fairly good pitchs.

I BLAME the batting order…, bowling can only do so much with what we’ve got…

RCB WILL miss the playoffs.., Hope we can do better next year…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

McCullum hits 158* in IPL 1st match then after he has struggle to make a single run , same RCB made 263 runs target now searching for win .

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
ekam
Joined  22/02/2013

Talking about facts shouldn’t hurt, RCB simply went in over confident, we had Pujara a test player opening the innings of a T20 match, Murali who can barely bend his back was selected over Rampaul…, we have questions now… is it the Coach ?, is it the Captain ? or do we just need a simple re-shuffle of our batting line up, with our big hitters opening…

We need to play our big in form players upfront, Kohli and Gayle open you get a systematic run flow, followed by Henriques or Ab depending on the situation, or we get Henriques and Gayle to open, we need players capable of hitting big to start our innings !

The role of the openers is to build the scene; ever since cricket was invented that role is aimed at getting quick runs, the middle order holds the lead and the end finish, take a good look at Shaun Marsh and Gilly a 40+ yr veteran taught us a lesson today…

If you analyse and watch the match RCB took a majority of 1’s and 2’s in the first 10 overs. We have followed a similar style in the past 4 matches and ended up with low scores, in turn putting pressure on our weak bowling attack.

We should have scored 200+ in this match. KXIP could have finished us in the 17th over…

Facts talk…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
RCBPlay11Selector
Total Posts:  21
Joined  29/04/2013

Captainacy failure nothing other than that. Captain need to extract best out of every player according to plan. If first 6 overs is to make more runs then say it loud to everybody including Mr. Gyle.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
RamLakhan
Total Posts:  44
Joined  17/04/2013

Yes a 200+ Target was needed today (For the kind of match today). Poojara opening did the damage. Poojara is not a Gayle to make up for the initial slow rate. I am not blaming Poojara here. Poojara just doesn’t fit into our playing XI, our kind of team (He may fit into a team like PW, DD, KKR or even RR). Poojara is the future of Indian Test Side (may also blossom into ODI format and even T20 if he excels & expands himself accordingly, but not now). Poojara can come into our side only if 2 or 3 batsmen are seriously injured.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2013 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
ekam
Joined  22/02/2013

I don’t mind if Pujara bats down the line and replaces an Indian batsmen, as he has the mindset and ability to score and stabilize an innings, problem is he is CLEARLY NOT a T20 opener and I find it hard to believe that the Coach and players had nothing to say about this loose end. Agarwal did it well but was at times too aggressive and inconsistent, we need someone like Kohli to open as he has grown to show more of an opener style of gameplay in him…

If we get Henriques to open with Gayle you can say Bye Bye or Ta Ta to the opposition, they will never run us down, our team can literarily finish the game with just 4 players…, thats the biggest joke of it all… lol

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 May 2013 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
vinayak-motwani
Total Posts:  15
Joined  13/08/2012

PLEASE REPLACE HENRIQUES AND BRING BARNWELL IN OUR SIDE HE IS AN EXPLOSIVE BATSMAN AND HE CAN OPEN WITH GAYLE

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 May 2013 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
ekam
Joined  22/02/2013

I don’t think they will replace Henriques, no matter how much I want to see Barnwell play…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 May 2013 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Ishatanu18
Total Posts:  154
Joined  17/05/2012

as a well known fact gayle usually plays quietly in the initial overs n then maybe somewhere in the 6th over he begins to go big….....but if in case we lose gayle in the 6-7th over we r left with a low score which continues throughout the innings so I think we need a hard hitting opener so that he keeps on adding runs in the initial overs while gayle settles himself n we do not come under pressure in the later overs to score!

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply