Apycom jQuery Menus

IPL 2014 Auctin-Strategies and Interests….
Posted: 30 December 2013 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Total Posts:  982
Joined  10/09/2010

Hello guys,it has been a while since I posted here,and it feels great to be back!!!!
But love for RCB has been the same since the start of the Tournament since it’s beginning itself.
As the Mega Auction is nearing,and Teams are to be shuffled as it happened way back in 2011,each team management is having a glance on players’ performance in every aspect,their strengths,weaknesses all these years and steps to tackle and overcome it.
Planning has started from every corners.As a fan,we should do our bit in helping and suggesting the best possible remedies for the betterment of our team.
I would love to share all things that are in my heart.

For of all,we must not think much about the Team strength and big names,just focus on quality.We need not build up a strong team like Mumbai Indians or Chennai Super Kings and waste the rest of the players on bench,rotting them the whole season.
We should learn from teams like Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab that it’s not big names but team effort which is required for tasting success,which I feel we lacked these years.
We need an inspirational player like Rahul Dravid,just by seeing whom youngsters get motivated there itself and try to tackle the situation in a positive way.
I still feel sad that we had the honours of having him with us,yet not used well,criticized for team performance and never ever considered back!!! Just heart-breaking affair that was for a die-hard Indian and RCB fan that time.
Anyways we have to take all those mistakes in a positive manner to avoid it further.

The IPL Franchises have been given a boon of retaining 5 players,thereby Teams might look somewhat similar with few swaps here and there.
But I think everyone might not go for all 5 slot except MI and CSK.
RCB will go surely for three-Virat,Gayle and AB.I wish even Vinay and Unadkat should be retained but management might take a risk by leaving them to the auction pool and buying them cheaply if luck persists.
Ok so a new beginning.
Batsmen will go under the hammer initially.So there would be lot of money put on batsmen initially.
We should try for an Indian batsman and few uncapped batsmen.I would say,someone amongst Robin Uthappa,Manoj Tiwary,etc.
Karnataka has produced some fine batsmen recently and should make use of home advantage too.
I feel players like Manish Pandey,Agarwal,Rahul all should be recruited as it might make domestic base strong!
If Chris and AB are retained,then I don’t feel management might go for foreigner batsmen,but I wold love to see Bangalore lover Ross Taylor back in our hut! Might fetch a lot of money this time since he is in red hot form!But still I feel,he should come our way.And heart says he will come back for sure to light up the Chinnaswamy!
Incase Ross is not in our hands(Which shouldn’t happen),we must go for Jacques Kallis,our old gun.He bats slow but contains an innings,a perfect partner for someone like Gayle,and can fill up important 4 overs,which we struggled to find in last 3 years.Even Steve Smith to watchout for!!!
After batsmen,bowlers will be the pick.I feel bowlers have always been a weak link in RCB since Dale Steyn,Praveen Kumar and Anil Kumble,all left all of a sudden.
Local boy R Vinay Kumar would be chased by the management for sure.Unadkat’s success with RCB also holds key to get him back.But at the end of the day,it’s all what management thinks!!! Hopefully would get some good uncapped bowlers too.
Some lower order pinch-hitters too required.Someone amongst Ravi Rampaul,Peter Siddle etc. might be good.Amongst the present spinners in our team,I would say that we should get back Murali Kartik through Auction cheaply.
A spin all-rounder holds the key,but to get so is difficult.Options amongst foreigners are available.Planning needs to be done carefully.
Since Season 1,RCB has been a great fielding side and hopefully it continues so.
If we retain AB and get Rahul too,then wicket-keeping is not at all an issue.

Not only big names,but also effective names in T20s are required.Guys like Roelof van der Merwe,Dillon du Preez,Rilee Rossouw have been a part of RCB before and help increasing the bench strength.
“Focus on quality and not on quantity” this is all I want to say!

This was all I wanted to say.Hope RCB Management won’t create any blunders this time and choose a better team with better balance!!

Cheers!!!
RCBian For Life!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 January 2014 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
DrNaveen
Total Posts:  6
Joined  20/02/2012

hi guys.. This is my 1st reply.
so coming to the auction.

lets hope we retain Gayle, which i think we will. AB and Virat are must. so 3 compulsary.

good if we retain Vinay/unadkat/Christian.
if we dont it is ok.

we must remember is except Pune every team will retain good players hence we r left wit less options.

so like CSK v should concentrate more on allrounders.

so my opinion is to

Batsman
1. buy Sehwag- since he comes for reasonable price n perfect to open with gayle
2. yuvraj- can never discount him. on bangalore pitch he can be match winner any day
3. Uthappa- our own kannadiga. we all know his capability
4. K L Rahul- good batsman n wicket keeper
5. Duplesis/ MIller/ henry davids
6. corey anderson
7. M Pandey
8. v zol
9. DUdd- saw in kfc big bash.. hard hitting left hander
10. Ross taylor
11. M Vijay

Allrounders
1.stuart binny
2.steve smith