Apycom jQuery Menus
-

IPL 2014 Auctin-Strategies and Interests….
Posted: 30 December 2013 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Total Posts:  982
Joined  10/09/2010

Hello guys,it has been a while since I posted here,and it feels great to be back!!!!
But love for RCB has been the same since the start of the Tournament since it’s beginning itself.
As the Mega Auction is nearing,and Teams are to be shuffled as it happened way back in 2011,each team management is having a glance on players’ performance in every aspect,their strengths,weaknesses all these years and steps to tackle and overcome it.
Planning has started from every corners.As a fan,we should do our bit in helping and suggesting the best possible remedies for the betterment of our team.
I would love to share all things that are in my heart.

For of all,we must not think much about the Team strength and big names,just focus on quality.We need not build up a strong team like Mumbai Indians or Chennai Super Kings and waste the rest of the players on bench,rotting them the whole season.
We should learn from teams like Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab that it’s not big names but team effort which is required for tasting success,which I feel we lacked these years.
We need an inspirational player like Rahul Dravid,just by seeing whom youngsters get motivated there itself and try to tackle the situation in a positive way.
I still feel sad that we had the honours of having him with us,yet not used well,criticized for team performance and never ever considered back!!! Just heart-breaking affair that was for a die-hard Indian and RCB fan that time.
Anyways we have to take all those mistakes in a positive manner to avoid it further.

The IPL Franchises have been given a boon of retaining 5 players,thereby Teams might look somewhat similar with few swaps here and there.
But I think everyone might not go for all 5 slot except MI and CSK.
RCB will go surely for three-Virat,Gayle and AB.I wish even Vinay and Unadkat should be retained but management might take a risk by leaving them to the auction pool and buying them cheaply if luck persists.
Ok so a new beginning.
Batsmen will go under the hammer initially.So there would be lot of money put on batsmen initially.
We should try for an Indian batsman and few uncapped batsmen.I would say,someone amongst Robin Uthappa,Manoj Tiwary,etc.
Karnataka has produced some fine batsmen recently and should make use of home advantage too.
I feel players like Manish Pandey,Agarwal,Rahul all should be recruited as it might make domestic base strong!
If Chris and AB are retained,then I don’t feel management might go for foreigner batsmen,but I wold love to see Bangalore lover Ross Taylor back in our hut! Might fetch a lot of money this time since he is in red hot form!But still I feel,he should come our way.And heart says he will come back for sure to light up the Chinnaswamy!
Incase Ross is not in our hands(Which shouldn’t happen),we must go for Jacques Kallis,our old gun.He bats slow but contains an innings,a perfect partner for someone like Gayle,and can fill up important 4 overs,which we struggled to find in last 3 years.Even Steve Smith to watchout for!!!
After batsmen,bowlers will be the pick.I feel bowlers have always been a weak link in RCB since Dale Steyn,Praveen Kumar and Anil Kumble,all left all of a sudden.
Local boy R Vinay Kumar would be chased by the management for sure.Unadkat’s success with RCB also holds key to get him back.But at the end of the day,it’s all what management thinks!!! Hopefully would get some good uncapped bowlers too.
Some lower order pinch-hitters too required.Someone amongst Ravi Rampaul,Peter Siddle etc. might be good.Amongst the present spinners in our team,I would say that we should get back Murali Kartik through Auction cheaply.
A spin all-rounder holds the key,but to get so is difficult.Options amongst foreigners are available.Planning needs to be done carefully.
Since Season 1,RCB has been a great fielding side and hopefully it continues so.
If we retain AB and get Rahul too,then wicket-keeping is not at all an issue.

Not only big names,but also effective names in T20s are required.Guys like Roelof van der Merwe,Dillon du Preez,Rilee Rossouw have been a part of RCB before and help increasing the bench strength.
“Focus on quality and not on quantity” this is all I want to say!

This was all I wanted to say

View Profile
PM

Posted: 01 January 2014 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  29/08/2011

Dream team for IPL2014

Retain Gayle, AB, Kohli, Rampaul,

And get Uttappa, Manoj etc..

MY DREAM TEAM

1. CHRIS GAYLE
2. ROBIN UTTAPPA
3. Virat Kohli
4. AB DE VILLIERS
5. MANOJ TIWARY
6. ANGELO MATHEWS
7. RAVI RAMPAUL
8. RAHUL SHARMA
9. BHUVANESHWAR KUMAR
10. VINAY KUMAR
11. MURULI KARTHICK

View Profile
PM

Posted: 01 January 2014 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Joined  10/09/2010

@Pratheek bro,long time how’re you?
I’m not talking about Team composition as of now,just auction strategies.
I don’t think Rampaul should be retained.We can get him if needed.
Vinay should be reained.indian players will go for plenty.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 02 January 2014 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Joined  29/08/2011

fine karthik, anyway i need uttappa, pande, binni are back to home team

View Profile
PM

Posted: 02 January 2014 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Total Posts:  131
Joined  22/01/2013

Not sure if RCB management will be smart enough to pick some good players this season. Like i said they have not been smart like the management teams of MI and CSK while picking and retaining players. The blunders are plenty. Like not retaining talented players like Dale Styn, Rahul Dravid, Uthappa ,KP to name a few. What more they even lost a reliable Anil Kumble to MI. Also not picking up the right Indian players have hurt them big time. Look at any other team like RR, MI and CSK. They have been smart in scouting for the right talent before the tournament. Last season RCB went for bowlers like RP Singh, Unadkat, and Vinay Kumar who proved to be disasters. Hope they dont make the mistake again.

Now for the big news. Looks like Gayle is no longer interested in playing for RCB as he wants to be released to the auction pool so that he can get a better deal in terms of money. So that leaves only AB and Virat to be retained. We can look at retaining Pujara as well. But none of the other players should be retained. Look to buy Uthappa, Aaron Finch , Bhuvaneshwar Kumar , Mohammad Shami, Steven Smith and a few other quality Indian players.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 03 January 2014 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
nagesh-naga
Total Posts:  191
Joined  12/09/2010

This s not fair t keep four players in the team they should bid for new players that will be interesting but rules changed so bad mannn

View Profile
PM

Posted: 03 January 2014 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Joined  29/08/2011

Nagesh Rules are changed, we should be happy beacuse we can retain kohli, ab. cant see kohli playing against RCB

View Profile
PM

Posted: 04 January 2014 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Joined  10/09/2010

I honestly believe Gayle should not be retained.I know you’ll all kill me but it’s my thinking.
He hasn’t been loyal bloke really and fails in crunch matches when we need him the most.
RCB was way better being a Test Team in the earlier seasons,atleast they had the guts to qualify for the play-offs too.

And my personal interest is to se back thre players Ross Taylor,Jacques Kallis and Manish Pandey.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 04 January 2014 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
mohan-varadaraju
Total Posts:  167
Joined  28/12/2010

the problem was batters 5 ,  6 and 7 didn contribute…..thr was huge void in the lower middle order…..

we need to fix that…otherwise a champion side

View Profile
PM

Posted: 04 January 2014 07:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
mohan-varadaraju
Total Posts:  167
Joined  28/12/2010

remember thr game rcb v/s delhi

rc needed 24 of 24 with virat and ab batting…

it changed to 12 of 6 balls…with ravi rampul and vinay kumar batting

View Profile
PM

Posted: 04 January 2014 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Joined  10/09/2010
joshil-raj1 - 02 January 2014 10:40 PM

Not sure if RCB management will be smart enough to pick some good players this season. Like i said they have not been smart like the management teams of MI and CSK while picking and retaining players. The blunders are plenty. Like not retaining talented players like Dale Styn, Rahul Dravid, Uthappa ,KP to name a few. What more they even lost a reliable Anil Kumble to MI. Also not picking up the right Indian players have hurt them big time. Look at any other team like RR, MI and CSK. They have been smart in scouting for the right talent before the tournament. Last season RCB went for bowlers like RP Singh, Unadkat, and Vinay Kumar who proved to be disasters. Hope they dont make the mistake again.

Now for the big news. Looks like Gayle is no longer interested in playing for RCB as he wants to be released to the auction pool so that he can get a better deal in terms of money. So that leaves only AB and Virat to be retained. We can look at retaining Pujara as well. But none of the other players should be retained. Look to buy Uthappa, Aaron Finch , Bhuvaneshwar Kumar , Mohammad Shami, Steven Smith and a few other quality Indian players.

Joshil bro,you have been spot on as usual! I don’t feel Gayle is eager to play.
I don’t want to see him in RCB to be honest.
A dishonest bloke.BTW we haven’t even qualified for Play-Offs in his presence.
Better to leave him out!
We should go for players who are really willing to play for Bangalore team.For Example:Ross Taylor and Robin Uthappa who always loved to represent Bangalore city!
I wish they would retain Kohli and AB and get few good players like Taylor,Uthappa,Henriques etc.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 January 2014 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Total Posts:  131
Joined  22/01/2013

Its a tricky situation with Gayle for RCB.We have to be careful while dealing with this situation. He is no doubt one of the best players in T20s and has been a big impact payer in IPL for RCB so far. But lets also understand that no one is indespensible and bigger than the team. As such retaining Gayle will not ensure that RCB will win the title. Its about getting the right balance in the team and with impact player and captain like Kohli look to rely on team performance rather than individual brilliance. If I was in RCB management I would negotiate with Gayle to retain him in the team no doubt but if he is acting funney release him into the auction pool. My retentions would then be Kohli, AB and Pujara. A lot of people will question the retention of Pujara but trust me there are not too many better techniqually equipped batsman in the world than Pujara. A lot of people think that he is a misfit for T20s but its all about evolving as a batsman and its a matter of time before he starts adapting to T20s. Look at Rahul Dravid’s case. We shouldnt make the same blunder as we did in the case of Dravid.Among the uncapped players RCB can look to retain Vijay Zol as he seems to be a good prospect and will come cheap as he is uncapped.

Now coming back to Gayle if he is released to the auction pool the other IPL teams would bid big time for him and with the new rule of Jokers Card RCB still has the right to retain him if its able to match the highest bid. But that would mean a major chunk of the purse money available would be gone. Therefore RCB has to weigh its option carefully. If its too much of an ask to get him in the auction then its better to pick up 4 or 5 quality players with the same money. We should target some quality bowlers and allrounders who can lend the much needed balance to the team to win a long tournament like IPL. With PWI being suspended from IPL there are some good players from this team that we can target. Players like Uthappa, Finch, Steven Smith, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, and Yuvraj Singh to name a few of them.Also the RCB management should keep a close watch on the Australian Big Bash T20 tournament. There are some quality players that they can target like Pattinson, Bird ,Hazelwood, Rimmington (Bowling). Klinger and Kieswetter (Batsman).RCB management please wake up or else pleae take me in the management I can be of much help smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 January 2014 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
karthik-shetty4
Joined  10/09/2010

Honestly I believe Gayle should be left out!
Just retain Kohli and AB and move on!!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 January 2014 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
nagesh-naga
Total Posts:  191
Joined  12/09/2010

thts true kholi and ABD should retain

View Profile
PM

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
proudbanglorean
Total Posts:  3
Joined  11/01/2011

My team “ThE InViNcIbLe RCB”

C.Gayle
M.Agarwal
V.Kohli (capt)
K.Jadhav (highest run getter in this ranji season.. Is part of india A team. Was very very impressive in last ipl playing for delhi)

R.Uthappa
M.Henriques
A.B. Devillies
Y.Arafath / R.Mclaren.    (if Arafath is available in auction he could be just the perfect bowler in bangalore with his yorkers and slow balls)

M.Shami.     
K.Sharma.      (spinner who played for hydrebad and was impressive last year)
H.Sharath.      (Impressive tall karnataka fast bowler)

By,
MaNoJ grin

I belive this is the perfect team.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply