Apycom jQuery Menus

Your thoughts about the RCB’s new look!!
Posted: 13 February 2014 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  21
Joined  07/09/2009

Well, I think we have a perfect team. No locals though, we can’t crib about it.
But yes, amazing batting line up followed by good over seas and local bowlers.
We could have taken Ganesh Satish is what I feel but nevertheless, I’m HAPPY smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 February 2014 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  1245
Joined  29/08/2011

I WANTED ARAVIND/SHARATH INSTEAD OF SACHIN RANA

BUT THE TEAM IS PERFECT TO WIN IPL

View Profile
PM

Posted: 13 February 2014 08:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
RCBfan77
Total Posts:  38
Joined  04/02/2012

Iam very happy with the team composition now after day 2 auction,we have a deadly batting line up and a really good bowling attack to compliment our batsmen,jakati and chalal r both gud spin bowlers and tanmay mishra and zol will surely proove their worth when they r given an oppurtunity,and not to forget nachim,harshal patel,S Rana and warrier will be really gud to support our main pace attack of dinda,aron,starc and rampaul,murali can take the position of bowling mentor for our spin bowlers.RCB will Rock this season!!!!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 February 2014 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  56
Joined  07/09/2009

We have a very Good playing IX. we can say one of the best teams in IPL 7 season. But we dont have any good BACK-UP for INDIAN Players….

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 February 2014 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  469
Joined  01/03/2010

WE ARE LAGGING IN ALL ROUNDERS THIS TIME ALSO .... LOOK AT ONCE RR TEAM

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 February 2014 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Total Posts:  131
Joined  22/01/2013
attakers - 13 February 2014 05:38 PM

You got to be kidding me. You think this team can win IPL?? Like I said before Mr Mallya has goofed up big time in this years auction by splurging big time on one player at the expense of 3 or 4 good players. Worst they let out thier auction strategy months ago. Remember the news splashed across the newspapers that Virat Kohli is looking to get Yuvraj Singh in the team. This was stupidity at its best. KKR owners knew before hand that RCB wants to get Yuvraj at any cost and decided to make a sure that the bid goes as high as possible so that this will affect the budget and the ability to but other good players. RCB was left with peanuts on Day 2 of the auction and had to take the left over players whom nobody wanted. Not a single player from the Ranji Trophy winning Karnataka team. I think its wiser for Mr Mallya to take the back seat during auction and let some people with good cricketing logic and wisdom take the decisions during auction. Look at Nita Ambani from MI. She takes the back seat and let people with cricketing knowledge like Anil Kumble and John Wright make the decisions.

I am surprised that no one in this discussion forum is talking about the auction blunders that he has made over the years. If you select the right team with good balance half the battle is won. RR is a good example of how you should build a good team with players that are value for money rather than splurging on a few big names and expecting them to wim you IPL. If thats what the RCB management is trying to do then let me tell you we are never going to win the IPL.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 February 2014 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
mohan-varadaraju
Total Posts:  167
Joined  28/12/2010

gayle
ab
kohli
yuraj
zol
albie
strac
varun
jakati
harshal patel
dinda

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 February 2014 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Onil-Vakhariya
Total Posts:  19
Joined  01/04/2010

Hello RCBian,

I want to say i dont like RCB’s Auction Strategy.

1>why RCB pay 14Cr to Yuvraj singh who is not in good form and his IPL form is worst.
2>RCB pay 5Cr to M Starc i dont find him worth of 5cr.
3>We dont have Bench strength.if one of(GAYLE, AB ,Virat) got injured we dont have replacement player
  and for winning such long Tournament we need good bench strength(look bench strength of KXIP and CSK).
4>RCB dont have quality spinner.(RCB should buy parvez rasool or shakib-ul-hasan)
5>RCB dont have quality Indian Domestic Batsman(Like Manish pandey, Aditya Tare).

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 February 2014 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Joined  07/09/2009

We have a good team so sure. no doubt about that.
my little worry is if our bowlers can restrict opposition under 140?
out bowling is good but not best.
Our batting is definitely THE BEST

RCB will face problem if any one from the playing IX gets injured…. we dont have a replacement for an Indian player

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 February 2014 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
RCBfan77
Total Posts:  38
Joined  04/02/2012

If any one gets a serious injury we r allowed to pic some one up as replacement for the same auction amnount,remember when dirk nannes got injured in 2011 ipl we replaced him with chris gayle.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 February 2014 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
tarunraghuram
Total Posts:  166
Joined  17/02/2012
Onil-Vakhariya - 14 February 2014 06:49 PM

Hello RCBian,

1>why RCB pay 14Cr to Yuvraj singh who is not in good form and his IPL form is worst.
3>We dont have Bench strength.if one of(GAYLE, AB ,Virat) got injured we dont have replacement player
  and for winning such long Tournament we need good bench strength(look bench strength of KXIP and CSK).
4>RCB dont have quality spinner.(RCB should buy parvez rasool or shakib-ul-hasan)
5>RCB dont have quality Indian Domestic Batsman(Like Manish pandey, Aditya Tare).

Yuvi is good player…but not in form…remember if he plays well he is equal to three player…having 11 strong players is important

Initially i felt starc is waste…but i saw his stats….he bowls well in t20 as well as can bat….good pick for end bowling

no bench strenth…i agree…but i think we were short of money tis time…next auction thy ll improve the bench strenth and spinner for sure

no spinner and domestic for sure

however there is talks it can b in south africa…hope all players r fit and perform well..and spinner shouldnt b the factor

View Profile
PM

Posted: 15 February 2014 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fan
Joined  07/09/2009
RCBfan77 - 14 February 2014 07:57 PM

If any one gets a serious injury we r allowed to pic some one up as replacement for the same auction amnount,remember when dirk nannes got injured in 2011 ipl we replaced him with chris gayle.

Replacements allowed true.. but if the injury is minor n it the player cant play for 4-5 matches then team will suffer for sure…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 February 2014 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fan
nagesh-naga
Total Posts:  191
Joined  12/09/2010

we have strong batting line up but average r good bowling line up that’s comparable with other team

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 February 2014 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fan
nagesh-naga
Joined  12/09/2010

this time cup is ours means RCB RCB ll win

View Profile
PM

Posted: 03 March 2014 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
nagesh-naga
Joined  12/09/2010

RCB RCB RCB should do home work before the IPL starts

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 March 2014 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Joined  22/01/2013

Hello RCBian,

Looks like you are the only sensible guy apart from me in this discussion forum. I cannot agree with you more. Infact I have highlighted this before as well. As a well wisher of RCB I had made my comments clear last season itself. We needed to change the coaching staff and get some people with good cricketing brain to run the show. I had recommended Gary Kirsten as the right candidate for the coach’s role who could have made some sensible buys in this years auction. But Mallya doesnt want anyone who can take the control of the team away from his hand. Therefore he decided to hire a stooge like Dan Vitorri who can act like a puppet while he continues to have a total control of the team including making stupid decision at the auction.

The focus should have been to build a strong team around the big three (Kohli, AB and Gayle) by picking quality bowlers and Indian Batsman. Instead they splurged half thier auction purse on Yuvraj Singh who is clearly past his prime. As a result they didnt have enough money to pick up good indian bowlers and batsman and finally had to settle with the left over bowlers like Aaron, Dinda and Harshal Patel whom noboday wanted in the auction. As a result we are in a situation where we clearly lack back up players. For example what will Mallya do if some one like Gayle or AB is injured or say his million dollor baby Yuvraj Singh is out of form. Will he pad up to play for RCB.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 March 2014 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fan
joshil-raj1
Joined  22/01/2013
pradeep-cornelio - 14 February 2014 07:05 PM

We have a good team so sure. no doubt about that.
my little worry is if our bowlers can restrict opposition under 140?
out bowling is good but not best.
Our batting is definitely THE BEST

RCB will face problem if any one from the playing IX gets injured…. we dont have a replacement for an Indian player

RCB batting looks good on paper. There is a difference between what is there on paper and actual performance on field. Even if we assume that the batting would click does that guarantee that RCB would win IPL? No Way. If you look at the bowling its below par just like last year. And we all know what happened last year. The batting clicked in most of the matches last year but the bowlers were unable to defend even good scores like 170-180. This season too its likely to be the same.Starc is decent pick but 5 crores was too much to be spend on him considering that some one like Mitchell Johnson who is a far better bowler went for the same money. Rest of the bowling looks shoddy with fringe players like Aaron, Dinda and Harshal Patel. Even local club batsman in Bangalore can take these bowlers apart. Dont know what will happen to these guys against quality International batsman. My intution and trust me I have been proved right 99% time is that this year too RCB would not win IPL. For that matter I dont foresee them even qualifying for the playoffs this season too. My pick for the playoffs is CSK, SRH, Kings X1 and RR or MI

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 March 2014 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fan
nagesh-naga
Joined  12/09/2010

good team but need to work on bowling department need not to worry about Batting

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 March 2014 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  469
Joined  01/03/2010

rcb will rock…..........

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 May 2014 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fan
CricketTragic
Total Posts:  40
Joined  06/05/2014
joshil-raj1 - 14 February 2014 03:47 PM
attakers - 13 February 2014 05:38 PM

You got to be kidding me. You think this team can win IPL?? Like I said before Mr Mallya has goofed up big time in this years auction by splurging big time on one player at the expense of 3 or 4 good players. Worst they let out thier auction strategy months ago. Remember the news splashed across the newspapers that Virat Kohli is looking to get Yuvraj Singh in the team. This was stupidity at its best. KKR owners knew before hand that RCB wants to get Yuvraj at any cost and decided to make a sure that the bid goes as high as possible so that this will affect the budget and the ability to but other good players. RCB was left with peanuts on Day 2 of the auction and had to take the left over players whom nobody wanted. Not a single player from the Ranji Trophy winning Karnataka team. I think its wiser for Mr Mallya to take the back seat during auction and let some people with good cricketing logic and wisdom take the decisions during auction. Look at Nita Ambani from MI. She takes the back seat and let people with cricketing knowledge like Anil Kumble and John Wright make the decisions.

I am surprised that no one in this discussion forum is talking about the auction blunders that he has made over the years. If you select the right team with good balance half the battle is won. RR is a good example of how you should build a good team with players that are value for money rather than splurging on a few big names and expecting them to wim you IPL. If thats what the RCB management is trying to do then let me tell you we are never going to win the IPL.

Prophetic!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 May 2014 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Fan
CricketTragic
Total Posts:  40
Joined  06/05/2014

Hello RCBian,

Astute assessment of RCB’s strategy, made well in advance.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply