Apycom jQuery Menus

RCB strategy and team.
Posted: 17 April 2014 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
rcbiantilltheend
Total Posts:  107
Joined  28/02/2012

The IPL journey for RCB is finally going to start today, and here’s what I think would be a balanced XI for RCB given the conditions and our strength as well.

1.Chris Gayle
2.Parthiv Patel
3.Virat Kohli
4.AB De Villiers
5.Yuvraj Singh
6.Albie Morkel
7.Sachin Rana
8.Ashok Dinda
9.Varun Aaron
10.Muttaih Muralitharan
11.Chahal/Jakati.

Here the top order is pretty clear and obvious. Parthiv can set the tempo with his strokes and exprience intially..From there on Chris can set himself up for a biggie.
Virat is an obvious choice at no.3
The question however is who to slot up at 4? AB or Yuvi?
I think we are better off giving AB a lot more time to spend at the middle. For the way AB paces his innings, no.4 is suited for him. Yuvi is more the slogger, and I would want him to come and start flashing hard at the ball..going after the spinners.
He’s best when he does not have to think much and can just see ball and hit ball!
Same logic for Albie Morkel, who coming in at 6, should just fire away trying to get sixers..
The top order is good enough to set the tone and build the platform..The sloggers in Yuvi and Albie would be expected to take the bowlers to the cleaners..If a Virat or AB hangs out till the end, we might also fancy our chances to get a huge score…
Now the other burning question… Who should be played at no.7. Vijay Zol, Tanmay Mishra are two wonderful contenders.. But they are pure batsmen and coming in at 7, the team can hardly utilise their batting services. The top6 are good enough to take out any bowling attack. Therefore I believe Rana should be used, so that he adds to the pace bowling attack as well. All-rounders are always an advantage to the team!
The place of Ashok Dinda and Aaron is pretty obvious as well, them being in the Indian national side as well(formerly). And it is also clear that either one of Chahal/ jakati would be a spinner used. And their role is pretty instrumental to the side. Jakati is a good fielder and has done well for CSK in the past. Chahal has been a decent leggie for MI too, previously.
Now the biggest question- the fourth foreigner or the last bowler.
Now I know many how would vote for Mitchell Starc or Ravi Rampaul, but the fact remains that we have pace already! Rana,Albie,Varun and Dinda make four seaming options.
We totally suck in the spin department, and given the slow spin-friendly tracks, I’d definitely vote for Muralitharan, whose not only the best spinner around, but is also a great wicket-taker. Atleast I’d want RCB to use Murali in the UAE season. Back at chinnaswamy, Murali might not have much to offer and then we can go for Starc or Rampual, but atleast for the first half of the season, it’s Murali all the way for me!

Also Virat could try getting a couple of overs from Gayle and Yuvi. The track might help them and if Virat can cleverly use them in the middle to get away with 3-4 overs, it’d totally strengthen our attack.
I think Dinda will come extremely good for us this time. He has been in tremendous form in the domestic circuits and with Allan Donald around, Aaron would work on his line and length as well. Certainly they both have got decent pace.I hope Albie finds a bit of form with the ball(with the bat he was good in the practice match)and Chahal/Jakati bowl well too.
While we have a solid batting lineup,6 of whom could single-handedly win the match for RCB,the bowling I believe depends a lot on Muttaih Muralitharan!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 April 2014 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
sachinp
Total Posts:  7
Joined  08/05/2011

There are no kannadigas in the team very unhappy about it.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 April 2014 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
sachinp
Total Posts:  7
Joined  08/05/2011

The new jersey of RCB with Huawei logo instead of royal challenge

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply

‹‹ BUY TICKETS , AVAILABLE NOW      RCB ››