Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Yuvraj Singh’s Buy is gonna be the worst decision made in the history of bad decisions ever made on this planet
Posted: 28 April 2014 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
bangaloreunited
Total Posts:  2
Joined  20/03/2010

We could have bought a couple of or even 4 good valuable players to be precise in the amount of money(14 Cr) spent on some one like Yuvraj Singh whom I would not prefer even in my local sports club team based on current form.

As a cricket enthusiast I always loved pace and deliveries that rise from the pitch over the batman’s nose at 150 Kms/Hr and the bowlers capable of delivering those bouncers have always been found very difficult to play on any format of the game,

So if we would have spent the money on any 2 or even 1 extreme pace bowler like I mentioned it would have bought a smile on many RCB fans faces with me being the first one.

To me buying yuvraj who struggles to get bat on ball against a good pacer even during his so called ‘glorious past’days is like investing all the money on a pregnant Arabian horse in a race where all the participating horses are Transylvanian(Then France).LOL

Sorry V Mallya sir but its always better to go by an experts words/advice during an auction rather than a team member / captain who is not actually paid for a player auction consultation.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 08 May 2014 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
psbb
Total Posts:  116
Joined  30/01/2011

perfect post.  Even I feel there is some gag on topics on this site.  If that is the case best of luck to the owners, why have the site, take it apart.

Fans make teams and criticism should be taken in right spirit.  The auction was totally messed up.  You dont go to an auction and spend 14 crores on a YUVRAJ SINGH and have only 16 crores for rest of the players.  That is bad management.  Virat Kohli is not an administrator to go by his instruction and bezerk on paying 14 crores for any player, why YUVRAJ SINGH. 

Money can buy lot of things but not victories.  Victories are earned and sorry RCB donot have any strategy to win, they just hope their top 5 batsmen fire and leave everything else to chance.

Sorry to say same story for yet another season… wont make it to the qualifiers.  Atleast in last 2 seasons they were 5th and missed out primarily due to their bowling limitations.  This year the limitations are not only bowling but also strategy, intent, common sense approach and also batting.  Of course starting with the Auction strategy of course!!! 

Still being a haunch Bangalorean I will wish the team best of luck and we need loads of them from now.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 May 2014 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
RCBfan77
Total Posts:  38
Joined  04/02/2012

The moment we sepnt 14 cr on yuv raj we basically threw away all our chances of having a strong team this season,he is at the most worth 5 crs if at all,we could have gone for uthappa and maxwell and styll had money saved to go for some gud uncapped talent like rajat bhatia,now we have a unbalanced side and r forced to play yuv who is useless in critical situations and why we spet 1.8 cr on dinda is also surprising he is a below par bowler we could have bought at least Balaji who is a better bowler in ipl.However iam styll hoping RCB does well and wish the Team all the best, hopefull next auction we learn from our mistakes and improve.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 09 May 2014 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
CricketTragic
Total Posts:  40
Joined  06/05/2014

Srinath gotta be one of the worst possible Indian umpire ever, and on par with Sanjay Hazare, Vineet Kulkarni and S Ravi when it comes to committing howlers while umpiring.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2014 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  12
Joined  09/03/2010
bangaloreunited - 28 April 2014 05:42 PM

We could have bought a couple of or even 4 good valuable players to be precise in the amount of money(14 Cr) spent on some one like Yuvraj Singh whom I would not prefer even in my local sports club team based on current form.

As a cricket enthusiast I always loved pace and deliveries that rise from the pitch over the batman’s nose at 150 Kms/Hr and the bowlers capable of delivering those bouncers have always been found very difficult to play on any format of the game,

So if we would have spent the money on any 2 or even 1 extreme pace bowler like I mentioned it would have bought a smile on many RCB fans faces with me being the first one.

To me buying yuvraj who struggles to get bat on ball against a good pacer even during his so called ‘glorious past’days is like investing all the money on a pregnant Arabian horse in a race where all the participating horses are Transylvanian(Then France).LOL

Sorry V Mallya sir but its always better to go by an experts words/advice during an auction rather than a team member / captain who is not actually paid for a player auction consultation.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2014 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
shamaz-mohamed
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07/09/2009

This is very much true and its better for fans to just forget qualifying for playoffs and enjoy other teams play. there looks no strategy or game plan at the moment. just relying on luck. except ABD all others are out of form and our millionnaire purchased in auction-Yuvi is not just out of form but beyond his prime. 14 crores for yuvi is actually seen by many as pension gratitude amount payed to him by RCB. next year if there is a window of exchange for players its better to replace him.

Also none of the star local cricketers are playing in the RCB team and this has led to decrease in fan following of RCB and this can be reflected in passive lying fan discussion forum(last IPL and previously it was buzzing with activity).

Hopefully next year the management considers the fan following also and selects the team so that its successful.

For the time being one can support other teams like KKR or Rajasthan royals who heavily depend on local fringe players and yet are successful. Also KKR has more karnataka players in its team than RCB.

Rajasthan Royals showcase atleast two young indian players every year in ipl who can play of Indian team. RCB does not have even one yet to show case the talent. After all IPL is meant to provide platform for young talented skilled players. But RCB never gives opportunity to young players. Also It seams that the team selection committee is not good enough to spot talent and provide opportunity and environment to these talented players and instead always relies on big guns who play one or two big innings in one seasons and take their position in playing eleven for whole season.

It may appear too much of criticism for RCB but as an die hard fan i still watch whole match even when its losing and pray for turn around in fortunes of team. I shall always remain with RCB and its my only team i support. However now i feel i should enjoy cricket of other teams also to keep myself calm.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 May 2014 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  470
Joined  01/03/2010

due to yuvraj singh we are lagging local batsmen and all rounders very much .. there is no backup at all . very sad RCB :(

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply