Apycom jQuery Menus

Dravid back in ODI’s?
Posted: 27 November 2009 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  53
Joined  14/09/2009

Over the last few weeks we have heated discussions on whether Dravid deserved a place in the Indian ODI side.. Lets discuss this here!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 28 November 2009 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  64
Joined  07/09/2009

I would love to see him back in the ODI circuit. But the big question remains…whom would the selectors drop to accommodate Dravid?  Because it doesn’t make sense to pick him for the overseas tours and the ignore him for tours back home.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 28 November 2009 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  53
Joined  14/09/2009

Disha, The selectors have to now make a choice.. If they want the number 1 spot in ODI’s they have to bring Rahul back, or even otherwise i don’t see any strength in the Indian middle order. With Dravid coming in the middle order will be quite stable and experienced.. We need a man other than Sachin Tendulkar to pace the innings, specially chasing.. We need a man to hang in there till the last ball, and at this point i don’t see any better option in the current Indian team apart from Rahul Dravid! We can expell Virat Kohli, He’s done good with the bat, but so has Rahul. Virat can bowl some medium pacers, but Dhoni hasn’t used him quite much.. Virat is a live wire in the field.. It’s now for the slectors to decide if they want to use someone with experience or just some young legs.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 02 December 2009 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  38
Joined  28/09/2009

INDIA is a country where true talent is not acknowledged all time.This is true in case of THE WALL.The most important criteria to be in indian ODI team is that one must’nt be aged.This not at all a good sign.Rahul dravid need to be brought back into ODI team on behalf of his good form in IPL1,IPL2,CLT20,TESTS,ODI’S and i hope ther will be nothing more to prove.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 January 2010 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
jiteshm-nambiar
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07/09/2009

Dravid   is the only dependable batsman for India at one-down spot .Rahul Dravid need to be brought back into ODI team.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 February 2010 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  16/02/2010

I am too desperate to watch dravid back in the Blue jersey but my heart says that BCCI won’t take him back too easily and even if they take him, it will be only when indian ODI squad will be in a real crisis and they got to play away from the sub-continent, against a very strong team, with a powerful bowling attack… I’m sure that he’ll perform well.. but no one other than him or another few and so, india will loose the match and the blame-game will be played with dravid and new quotes will be printed saying “The CRACK in the WALL”, “The WALL is breaking down”, “Mr. dependable, or just Mr. solid???” and so on… now even if india wins and the other matches are to be played at home.. he’ll again be dropped. And in that case if he wants to be in the side, he have to give some extra ordinary performances like say… scoring a century or near that in every innings.
                                                                                                                                        The conclusion outta this is that he has become a sort of use and throw material for BCCI.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 26 February 2010 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Params7
Total Posts:  2
Joined  26/02/2010

India needs more tests just so we can see Dravid bat some more. We can never get enough of Dravid.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 21 March 2010 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
AjitShetty
Total Posts:  4
Joined  21/03/2010

I dont see any reason why Dravid not ODI squad. He is good any format and any place and conditions. Best part is he is great form now.

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply