Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Why Sachin is rated better than RD…. Its just the indian attitude..
Posted: 30 November 2009 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  98
Joined  12/10/2009

Do you think RD is little unfortunate to be born in same era as that of Tendulkar?

View Profile
PM

Posted: 01 December 2009 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  7
Joined  21/09/2009

Well, to the contrary, I believe he is indeed lucky to be borne in the same era as Sachin. Well, as a matter of fact, all of us are. Coming to Jammy, he may have not got his due because Tendulkar was getting all the limelight for his heroics. Fact remains that Rahul’s style of play needed someone attacking from the other end to keep the runs/time balance. Tendulkar’s attacking style from one end has benefitted Rahul immensely, in the sense that he could build the innings in his rock solid manner. Rahul would have founf it pretty difficult to stay on the course long enough had there not been an aggressor at the other end. This symbiotic relationship is the reason why Rahul and Sachin make such a potent and reliable partnership in the test Cricket.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 01 December 2009 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  8
Joined  25/09/2009

I don’t think so,  RD is different kind of batsman because of his crafty batting, he builds his innings differently, in fact it helped both the players to have long partnership.
We are lucky to have both the players in the same generation and it has benefited a lot to the Indian Cricket.

Signature 

T.Jagadish

View Profile
PM

Posted: 03 December 2009 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  64
Joined  07/09/2009

Yeah quite agree with Mahesh, We are fortunate enough to watch these veterans at work.

Dravid is a man in competition with no one but himself . He’s someone who wears his passion on one sleeve and intelligence on the other.
So the question of being unfortunate to be born in the same era as Sachin deosn’t arise… smile

View Profile
PM

Posted: 03 December 2009 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  84
Joined  14/09/2009

Yep i bet we all love to see sachin and RD bat.

But i consider myself unlucky to see the carribien pace battery of the 60’s and 70’s demolish all batting attacks.

Patrik pietersen,Wess halls,........ really unending list.
They would neva get tired!!What an attack!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 24 December 2009 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
srishti-gajare
Total Posts:  85
Joined  07/09/2009

yes. dravids heroics r forgotten because of sachin is always in the limelight

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 January 2010 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10/09/2009

i think rahul dravid has been an icon from the old The Wall to become a New Wall in the new era of Year 2010.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 February 2010 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
tanushreehiran
Joined  22/02/2010

Wats unfortunate about it??? if even 10 tendulkars are there in team it doesn’t makes any difference as they added together won’t be able to make 1 rahul.  Rahul has his own personality, style, grace, attitude and charisma and he can’t be overshadowed by anyone ...... not by ANYONE

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 March 2010 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
manoj-kumar6
Joined  07/09/2009

Everyone calls Dravid the student of the game. Yes, he is & he is the best than anyone in the world if you consider from that point of view.

Its sad that he was not a player from an Australian Origin or any other country. He would be now considered or valued more than Bradman.

I would say the reason for valuing Sachin as the greatest player than Dravid is due to the Indian Attitude. Its very common for India to fall for masala than the fact. See in any field, this applies.

Let me take an example of Bollywood. Everybody knows how versatile, unique & talented Aamir Khan is in the industry. Any day he is a better actor than Sharukh. But who does India call the baadshah or is crazy about?

Another example : Kollywood (Tamil Film Industry). Kamal Haasan is a similar example like Aamir. However the world loves Rajini more.

The common factor among Dravid, Aamir & Kamal are they were the best student of their field. However India prefers entertainers not the best student…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 March 2010 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  23
Joined  04/03/2010

ya ,very true.really dravid deserves this sort of respect.he should be valued as the best player in the game of cricket.good job manoj.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 March 2010 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  8
Joined  06/09/2009

dude its really true in David’s case but dont bring in SRK here coz he too is a versatile actor k. first watch MNIK n then tell me if any other acot would have done better. forget tat but DRAVID is the best batsman produced by india n he has played india out of trouble more times than Sachin . its just tat he has no fan base outside Karnataka .its evident

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 March 2010 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  12/10/2009

I am a die hard fan of RD, but yes, when it comes to his comparision with Sachin, I am forced to rate Sachin more than RD.
You are saying that it’s because of the Indian mentality, but do remember, Sachin has connected with Indian masses, because he has performed consistently for India for more than 20 years now.I know RD has never got the respect,the class of his batsman deserved, but you should also not take anything from Sachin. It is never easy to perform consistently with such a good image and without any undue controversies for so long.Even at 37 years of age he can easily put to shame the likes of Ashish Nehra and Munaf Patel to shame in the fielding department.
If Dravid has been the disciple of Cricket, Sachin is the God of Cricket. And with this statement, I don’t intend to take anything away from Sachin and Dravid.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 March 2010 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  133
Joined  22/02/2010

Sachin Vs RD? RD vs Ganguly?

Come on guys, they both are heroes and why do we have to even think that ST is/isn’t better than Rahul Dravid?

They both are icons to me and on different days, in different circumstances, they both have won matches for us and a hell lot of them.

@ Mahesh

You are absolutely right and Sachin has played many more matches than Rahul Dravid, but, that only is an appreciable thing considering the fact that it is not possible for most cricketers to stay match fit and athletic, the way Sachin is, even after almost 21 years of international cricket. Not even the Aussies can claim to have many players in that category. Sachin is a better out-fielder and Dravid is a better slip catcher. They are different and have different strengths.

In batting, Sachin has a dominantly attacking style of play and Rahul is stylish, technically correct and very patient. Sachin has the highest aggregates in both forms of the game and Rahul also has over 10,000 runs in each format and they are probably, among the very few batsmen, who can claim such success in both forms of the game.

Sachin = Dravid, is my verdict.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 05 March 2010 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Fanatic Fan
Joined  12/10/2009

@ Mahesh Sharma
Even if you compare Sachin’s fielding abilities with those of Aussies and SA, there is nothing that Sachin would be ashamed of.You would rarely see Sachin misfielding or showing a ‘Shoulder Drop-Down’ attitude.Even at 37 years of age, his commitment is never questioned. By comparing Sachin’s fielding abilities with those of Nehra and Patel, the attitude difference is more noteworthy than just their acutal abilities.You would rarely see players like Nehra, patel,zaheer diving around to stop the ball. Same is not the case with Sachin.
And as Wizardprince said, SRT playing more number of matches is acutally a credit to him.It’s not that other players want to cut short their career, its just that they are not able to maintain the required fitness level.
I love RD because of his sheer dedication and commitment to the game.He was once labelled as unfit for ODI’s. But see how he transformed his game to become a regular member of the team.Not to forget his contribution to the team by keeping wickets whenever necessary.
Some like RD, some may like SRT, but the pleasing point is that they played for the same team, as a result of which they paved the path for India to reach the number 1 ranking!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 06 March 2010 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Fan
Dravid51007
Total Posts:  1
Joined  05/03/2010

@ All: I dont comapre Sachin and RD. I always felt n still feel RD has much more in him to Contribute to Cricket in all forms of the Game. See the last year’s IPL how RD has performed compared to ST. But I dont say that RD is better or worse than ST. Both og them have their strengths. Both have different style of playin. As far as I am concerned I am worried about future after both get retired. to fill these huge boots it will require some time and I am sure we wont get such a calibre players.

Cheers

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 March 2010 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  163
Joined  07/09/2009

if today , India are playing a test against aus and are reeling at 80/4 or 90/5 and a good 300+ runs behind, I would bet my money on dravid saving the day..not tendulkar… period

View Profile
PM

Posted: 11 March 2010 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Fan
jibralter
Joined  11/03/2010

noe in team india anybody dont want to build innigsupto end of game and save the game like rahul,but everyone tries to play with cross bats and wants to be a star in a night.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 18 May 2010 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Fan
ninoh
Joined  02/05/2010

Its because st is the first person to reach ten thousand test international runs before RD but RD should have got the ten thousand test international runs before ST

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 September 2010 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  12/12/2009

RD is “THE BEST”...he s “The ULTIMATE”

View Profile
PM

Posted: 17 September 2010 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  6
Joined  12/12/2009

Guys…........ RD is lucky to b born in the era of Sachin and not in Dhoni’s regime….....had RD been of this regime…..den definitely u would not have known RD…... his cricket would have ended in Ranji only…..

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply