Apycom jQuery Menus

Don’t Pick Based on Price Tag!
Posted: 25 April 2010 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fanatic Fan
Total Posts:  18
Joined  08/10/2009

Because of this price tag factor we have sidelined people like Boucher, Merwe, and Appanna in favor of established names. There is no justification for dropping them; they had performed well, but had to make way for the stars.

On the other hand the local star Dravid was also not even utilized properly because the team management thought just about everybody else could do the job better than him. Just like the guys I mentioned above, Dravid is a fighter. He doesn’t take his place for granted as we are constantly reminded by commentators of his age and agility. He shows way more intensity on the field compared to Praveen Kumar who is just resting on his laurels.

The team mangement’s line of thinking has been exposed; when we’ve been 6 wickets down, Dale Steyn has been coming out to bat before Vinay Kumar. Dale Steyn is an expectional bowler, but Vinay Kumar can bat better. This isn’t such a big deal, but when this line of thinking is applied to our batting order, or even when picking the team, it can(and has) lead to disaster.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 April 2010 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
litsentome
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05/04/2010

Its too late now we are already disqualified from finals

I saw several people ask for Merwe during the IPL but the management never gave him a chance. Our bowling repeatedly went for over 180 runs with few exceptions but nobody paid attention since we have so many stars in batting.

So in the semi-final our bowling again went for over 180 runs in the absence of Merwe and our batsmen could not chase such a big score

Looks like we will win against Deccan Chargers who are 70/5 as I write in the 3rd place play-off, hopefully Merwe gets a chance in the Champions League.

We should use the 4 foreign player slots for 2 batsmen adn 2 bowlers. In IPL III we only had one bowler Steyn adn 3 batsmen, I think that was big strategic mistake since we could have used a champion like Merwe.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 25 April 2010 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  82
Joined  19/03/2010

LISNTOTOME—YOU ARE RIGHT—GREAT WIN,BUT WE COULD BE PLAYING TOMORROW WITH THE RIGHT STRATEGY——CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN SOUTH AFRICA-MERWERS HUNTING GROUND-IF RCB DONT GO FOR TWO INT BATSMAN AND 2 INT BOWLERS THEY WILL BE AS IGNORANT AS THEY WERE THIS IPL

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply