Apycom jQuery Menus

is it right 2 blame the ipl for the indian team’s performance@ the wc?????
Posted: 14 May 2010 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
srishti-gajare
Total Posts:  85
Joined  07/09/2009

i dont think so, altough there r problems of fatigue 4m the ipl…..
ipl provides us with better players & prepares them 2 face pressure….
i feel it is foolish 2 blame the ipl

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2010 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  108
Joined  10/01/2010
srishti-gajare - 14 May 2010 01:06 AM

i dont think so, altough there r problems of fatigue 4m the ipl…..
ipl provides us with better players & prepares them 2 face pressure….
i feel it is foolish 2 blame the ipl

You r right.This is an excuse from Dhoni(Dhobi) Players from England,Sri Lanka n Australia also played IPL , they do not hv any problems with d party.They hv qualified 4d S/F.Dhoni shut ur mouth. Do not run away from the reality.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2010 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Joined  10/01/2010

Now every body says it was wrong selection. Ravi Shastri says to groom younger player for future Captain.First sack Srikant. These selectors are paid for their job. They r answerable ,it is not CSK or Tamil Nadu’ selection.What ipl has to do with d performance, in fact it was ideal practice games before d World Cup. In IPL they gave 100%, not for while playing for the Country, because of big bucks in ipl. They went 4 beach party in W/Indies.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2010 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  609
Joined  12/03/2010

i dont think IPl was solemnly responsible for indias poor show in WC.. but the media is making it look so… crazy ppl.. its kind of funny to c these bunch of idiots and the news reporter sitting n debating on the topic.. smile ..  whatever it is.. i don believe them.. if we win theyu say.. ipl is the root cause for the success… n if we lose they say ipl did these stuffs… they just target a popular event or a person and talk all crap.. 2 days later every1 will forget that..

my personal thot is we lost because we dont have a good bowling attack.. there is not even a single strike bowler in indian team… In our case wat hapnd was we had to sorce runs.. big totals.. otherwise there was no chance of winning.. if we sored 160 - 165 it meant we have lost the match before we started bowling..

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2010 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Fan
Jammy103
Total Posts:  12
Joined  14/05/2010

I don’t think the players are tired as Dhoni said. I feel the younger players don’t have the heart to play thanks to the big amounts of money. Remember after the 2009 Champions Trophy, one of the senior players (Sachin or Jammy) told the BCCI that the youngsters did not take the early exit seriously.

After the early exit in 2010, Dhoni also gave a pathetic excuse of attending IPL parties…

I know some people aren’t going to like my answer.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2010 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Fan
Joined  10/01/2010
Jammy103 - 14 May 2010 06:20 AM

I don’t think the players are tired as Dhoni said. I feel the younger players don’t have the heart to play thanks to the big amounts of money. Remember after the 2009 Champions Trophy, one of the senior players (Sachin or Jammy) told the BCCI that the youngsters did not take the early exit seriously.

After the early exit in 2010, Dhoni also gave a pathetic excuse of attending IPL parties…

I know some people aren’t going to like my answer.

We played badly, wrong selection,stubborn casptain no brain (Dhobi)

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2010 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  129
Joined  26/03/2010

@ Punn33t: I don’t know how old you are (you seem pretty young) but that’s probably the most level-headed and mature response you’ve given on this thread.

@ T20Champs: Given a choice, you’d probably like to get ‘Dhobi’ to retire tonight itself, wouldn’t you? I mean, spare him a thought. He’s been such a terrific captain and we’ve reached new heights under him. Ok, so we got shunted out of the WC early. And i believe the IPL has played a big part in it. Now…what do we do? Asking for Dhoni and Srikanth’s head is not going to make champions.

I really suggest you get certain facts right and make informed comments rather than spilling your frustration out at ‘Dhobi’ and Srikanth and whoever else, at the drop of a hat. Stop couch coaching and witch hunting. Seriously, sir!! That’s cowardice.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 14 May 2010 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  112
Joined  02/04/2010

@Prometheus

I understand wat ur saying… But, dont u think some players are taking their places for granted??? Players lik Yusuf, Yuvi, Zaheer have never contributed in T20 for India… And, if Dhoni was so upset abt attendg parties during IPL matches, y dint he made a point during IPL or before the T20 WC??? I think rather Dhoni is finding some excuse to escape from the wrath of the fans..

@All
I really cant understand what Dhoni is trying to say.. see his comment “I really dont know why we are not playing to our potential, but we are trying our best”.... Now what can u infer from this comment??? Even before the first ball was bowled in T20 WC, I had posted a thread saying Dhoni is not fit to be captain of T20 matches for India… Merely cos, he doesnt have a good track record in T20… n also I had said that Utthapa wud have been a good replacement for Dhoni… but many guys had laughed at my point… 

Here is d link to justify this point :

http://live.cricketxtra.com/28/India/Mahendra_Singh_Dhoni/1/PlayerDetails.html

Check his T20 records compared to ODIs.. He is an excellent player in ODIs, but just doesnt seem to start hitting quickly in T20s.. thats d problem… We need to have a guy who can score quickly at no 5 or 6 batting position which Dhoni is not good at…

As if this wasnt enough, he made so many tactical errors as a captain in T20 WC. He should be livid with himself for those illogical decisions he took… First, he promotes himself at no 4 in a crucial match against SL in Super 8 n instead of scoring quickly, he manages to score 23* from 19 balls n thereby managing to get only 72 runs from last 60 balls for India. Then he promoted Yusuf n Yuvi ahead of in-form Rohit Sharma… Then he plays 1 n half pacers ( I can never consider Zah n Nehra 2 pacers with the lack of fitness that they show always ) on a bouncy and pacy track at Barbados… Then he plays Jadeja again in the match against Windies after his pasting against Aus… Are these not tactical errors enough to lose a match??

Its poor selection and attitude problems more than anything that cost us d trophy… M not saying that Srikanth was showing regional bias, but wat m saying is he , along with other selectors, selected players merely on reputation n not on performances… If they had not done that, we wouldn have had Ojha, Utthapa, Ashwin, kohli, Vinay Kumar (although he was in 15, he was benched… again a tactical error by Mr.Dhoni… ) waiting for their chances back in India…

I am really wondering if IPL is serving the right purpose for India.. Instead of building a good team, we are moving in the wrong direction… arent we??? After the introduction of IPL, India has never won a single match in Super 8s in T20 WC.. Isnt this a serious message to be considered???

With WC 2011 only 8-9 months ahead, we dont have a single bowler whose position is fixed as of now… N now the selectrs are tryg diff options… Wat a time to try diff options… Look at Aus…. 2 years back, they started trying out diff options n dey already have a team that can win them matches in WC 2011…

View Profile
PM

Posted: 10 June 2010 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  8
Joined  18/03/2010

It is one of the reasons.. if not everything.. There is no time for them at all with so much to play!!

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply