Apycom jQuery Menus
-

Want to change your email ID? Sorry…live with it!!
Posted: 20 May 2010 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
Fan
Total Posts:  129
Joined  26/03/2010

So I decide to change my email ID in my user profile last week. My email ID currently is my official/work ID since I can’t access private email at work. And I decided to change my mail ID from my current one to my private ID. But guess what…....you can’t do it!!!

I looked for a link in my profile to change the ID but there isn’t one. The blind bat that I am, I thought I might be missing something here, and so I wrote to tech support at RCB.com to get their help in changing my ID. And the reply I got was….

“Hi Varun. Changing the email id is not possible, you can register as a different user with another email id.

Thanks
Feel free to get in touch with us.”

WHAT??? I can’t change my ID?? What kind of limitation is this?? If a person wants to change his email ID, then creating a new user profile can lead to multiple ID’s being created which, eventually, can become very difficult to manage for the IT support team themselves. So, in case I decide to quit my current employer and move on, that means I’ll have to abandon this ID and create a new one. **argshwWTFjkjWTF**!! I can now see the movie “Karthik Calling Karthik” in a totally new light!!!

Fans create their own individual identity with their profile and go on adding to it by being active on the website. However, if they are forced create a new profile just to change their email ID, then their identity, which they’ve created over a period of time, gets lost. I’m sure many of the 85,000 registered fans in this fanclub are multiple ID’s. I sure hope this issue is looked at!!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 May 2010 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Fan
Total Posts:  100
Joined  10/09/2009

Hi Varun,

Surprised, in the last 8 months, this is the first time someone’s created a stink about not being able to change their email ID… kinda tempted to go through months of RCBSupport emails… but naa..

Our current infrastructure doesn’t allow fans to change email addresses. I’ve asked the tech team to give me an idea of how much effort & time it will take to do the same. They’re looking into it…. I’ll keep you in the loop. If it’s feasible, we’ll make the changes. I’ll check to see if there’s a back end way… we usually don’t meddle with the back end since too many fans might request changes, but hey you’re the only one so far wink

Sorry that this is creating a problem for you.

best,
nidhi@rcb

p.s. regarding fans signing up using different accounts for this reason… uh. let me ponder over that. would need to figure out how to identify the same and how to address that issue.

View Profile
PM

Posted: 20 May 2010 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  129
Joined  26/03/2010

WHOAAA….that has got to be the fastest response!! Ever!! I’m not sure of how expensive it might be to add this functionality at the back end. But trust me, it’ll really help. There’s a good chance I might stop using my current registered email id soon and I don’t want to start all over again smile Thanks for looking into this, Nidhi!!

View Profile
PM

Posted: 22 September 2012 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Fan
Total Posts:  2042
Joined  18/08/2011

g888888 post admin Nidhi

View Profile
PM

Fast Reply