Apycom jQuery Menus

The coolest RCB updates, served hot.

Need to get back the momentum: AB

Team Royal Challengers are looking to gain momentum quickly after losing three matches in a row thereby languishing at the bottom of the IPL table this season. The defeats have disappointed the fans and the team management is now hoping its time to turn around through some positive performances in the field. The think is expecting to make a few changes in the team to bring back the momentum. Speaking to reporters, AB de Villiers said, “I'm not 100 per cent sure but I am expecting one or two changes. The public and the fans and may be the owner himself may want to see a change. Three defeats in a row is not ideal but then that's the nature of T20 cricket you lose the momentum quickly but you also gain it quickly. So we are looking to gain it now.”

Admitting that its tough to accept defeat, de Villiers said, “It is tough (losing three matches) but our fielding hasn't helped at all. We let down few catches and missed run out opportunities. In the end, it is all about taking wickets and when you take wickets the batting team loses momentum. We created lot of opportunities to take wickets but we didn't. We dropped Michael Hussey who scored 80 runs. If you take that away then it is a different ball game. It boils down to the fielding once again which we have been working on and Ray (Jennings) is a very good fielding coach he has been drilling us. I am expecting a much better performance with the guys in the field. I don't think there is anything wrong with the batting or bowling except that we haven't performed as we liked to and it all comes down to the fielding. We worked hard on that (fielding) especially on Sunday and had another little session today," De Villiers said

De Villiers hoped that Team RC will regain their winning momentum fast, admitting that that besides fielding, batting is the other area where the teams needs to improve. We haven't batted as well as we could. We haven't strung together good partnerships except in one or two matches. We were not batting well in the first six overs and so we tried to fix it with pinch hitters but it didn't work. So I am expecting the best five to bat from 1 to 5 tomorrow. We need to get a bit of runs and get the momentum going.”

De Villiers also informed that Australian pace bowler Dirk Nannes is out of the game for 5 weeks following the side injury. He said, “I don't think he is playing tomorrow. I think he is out for five weeks.”

Notify me of follow-up comments?

Post comment to Facebook

Latest comments

we need to get the mommentom back.
changes might do the work.
sheamus on 23 Apr 2011, 08:07 AM
defeat KKR and make it count
VijayPrabhu on 23 Apr 2011, 12:15 AM
Today will be one do are die match for RCB since in Bangalore Rain as started so in Bangalore there may be possibilities of no result so its very important to win remaining matches out ............
RakeshRCB on 22 Apr 2011, 08:59 PM
bit unlucky .. that is the problem
cmdeemat on 22 Apr 2011, 01:04 AM
We need a win that's all going to change the things around...
Prash1008RCB on 22 Apr 2011, 12:13 AM
Lets include Langaveldt in the playing 11. I'm sure he'll be a good replacement (at least for now) for Nannes. I would take Gayle and Dilshan and rest Dilshan. My ideal 11 would be the following:

Gayle, M Agarwal, De-Villiers, Kohli, Tiwari, Vettori, Pathan, Langaveldt, A Kazi, Zak and Mithun

My reasons: Gayle can not only open the batting, but also bowl some useful offspin. We should persist with Mayank since he is showing a lot of promise. Batting with Gayle will give him wonderful exposure. Why Kazi? He's taken as an all-rounder and can be a useful lower order bat. Who knows, if he does well enough we could promote him up the order for some quick cameos. Mithun, for two reasons: 1) He definitely has a lot of promise 2) He is young and fearless, can taunt batsmen with pace.

Not that Pujara is bad, we can look at playing him when resting Mayank. One trouble with having an overseas player as captain is that you can't rotate them. Overseas players choice comes down drastically. Though Vettori makes a great impact with the ball, it is far less as compared with batting captains like Gilchrist or Sangakkara. Moreover, Vettori with his knee problem, is not the fastest mover on the field. So he's not a great example. Sorry Dan, I don't mean to be rude, but with due respect I believe we need a better captain. Perhaps we can look at making Zak the captain. Then we could rest Vettori for a few games and get someone like J Vandiar or N Pradeep.

These comments are purely my opinion. I'm sure the team's think tank knows the situation, and give the players best suited to the conditions the chance to play and perform.
Krishna-K on 21 Apr 2011, 10:05 PM
If RCB as to win drop Dilshan thats the only hope..........
RakeshRCB on 21 Apr 2011, 07:58 PM
he is saying right
VBV on 21 Apr 2011, 07:35 PM
we will do it in next match.....
SBNK on 21 Apr 2011, 07:13 AM